This ice cream is soooo GOOD! I mean, anything that involves Girl Scout Thin Mints is gonna be amazing, right?! Mint chocolate ice cream is one of my favorites. I found this really great base recipe and then vamped it up a bit with the yummy cookie crumbles.
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup 1% milk
14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon mint extract (make sure it's fresh!)
pinch of salt
5 drops green food coloring
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
10 Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies (frozen)
1. Put the Thin Mint cookies in the freezer for about 30 minutes
2. Combine all other ingredients except for the chocolate in a bowl
3. Pour into your ice cream maker and churn per the maker's instructions
4. In a glass bowl, slowly melt chocolate in the microwave
5. A few minutes before churning is complete, drizzle chocolate into the churning ice cream maker. The sudden cold temperature will cause the chocolate to harden and crack, creating chocolate chips. *NOTE: it's tough to get the chocolate in there if you're using the ice cream maker attachment on a KitchenAid mixer so beware!
6. When the ice cream has reached its desired consistency, pour into a bowl and gently fold in the cookies
7. Freeze for a couple of hours to let the ice cream firm up
Spoon up and enjoy! We sure did! I may have added even MORE cookies while eating it! Shhhhhh...
F O L L O W U S O N I N S T A G R A M :: @seciasophia